TRAINING TIPS AND SOME THINGS I HAVE LEARNED ALONG THE WAY
- Allow adequate rest and recovery from training – to many people kill themselves in the gym, work too hard and don’t allow there bodies to rest and repair
- Sleep 8-10 hours a day to allow your body to repair – sleeping alone will help you lose body fat and gain muscle – its so easy to overlook but vital for looking fantastic and feeling amazing
- Train 3-4 days a week
- Limit your cardio training if fat loss is your goal – despite what the majority of people say, too much cardio can hinder your fat loss goals – you will end up being fit and fat despite all your efforts
- Train using ‘resistance training’ to get the body you have always dreamed of. It’s not about training harder and putting in long sessions on boring cardio machines. Its about training smarter and listening to your body in order to get the most out of your exercise and training
- Alkalise your body especially after training as it is acidic in nature. Eating green vegetables, using lemon and lime juice on your food or in water, and eat berries to boost your antioxidants throughout the day. These are just some of the ways you can rebalance your acid/alkaline levels. The more acidic you are the harder it will be to burn fat and lose weight effectively
- Have your training programs written specifically for you so they can point you in the direction you want to go with your training. Every 4-6 weeks you should change your programs to ensure continuing long term results
- Have fun and enjoy yourself
- Make sure you have solid technique when training weights as this will help you sculpt your body so that it is balanced and looks fantastic
- You cannot out train a bad diet
- You need to track your food to some level to see what works and doesn’t work for you
- You must be patient for results and consistent in training and nutrition – always!!!
- You have to work your butt off – not just in training but being diligent to prep your meals and change your lifestyle to ensure your choices and effort match the results you want to see
- One bad day doesn’t ruin days or weeks of good eating and training
- Nothing worth achieving is ever easy
- No complaining, No moaning – just get on with it, get it done and don’t compromise on what you need to do to get the results you want.
My competition preparations were 4 months at least. That’s 4 months of dedicated training and nutrition in order to be ready for 1 day. I know how it feels to want results fast and to feel like your failing but you just have to keep going regardless of how you feel. Do your best every day, eat well every day, train hard and recover.
If you need help refocusing and feel stuck. Keep a detailed food diary and speak to me about it
Here to help you achieve your best
DONT COMPLAIN ABOUT THE RESULTS YOU DIDN’T GET FROM THE WORK YOU DIDN’T DO
TO ACHIEVE SOMETHING GREAT YOU WILL HAVE TO SACRIFICE SOMETHING GREAT